Our virtual Chief Information Security Officer service supports organisations in implementing effective information security and data protection practices. It ensures compliance with relevant information security and data protection standards, and supports organisations to meet their legal requirements in this area.
Under the UK GDPR, you must have a DPO if you are a public authority; carry out large-scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals; or process large levels of sensitive data. Even if you don’t meet these criteria, it will still be essential to ensure you comply with data protection legislation and manage ongoing risks to personal information.
By either supporting your existing Data Protection Officer (DPO) or responsible lead, or by directly providing a DPO function, we can help you identify and mitigate against risks to personal information and ensure you continue to meet your legal obligations under data protection law. Our key areas of support include creation and implementation of improvement plans, policy and procedure review and development, records of processing and development, and delivery of training and awareness programmes.
As every organisation will have different requirements in terms of levels of support needed, Evolve North will work with you to understand your needs and provide a bespoke solution based on your requirements.
Key features of a vCISO:
- Regular oversight, review and reporting in relation to your organisation’s information security and data protection practices.
- Identify actions and priorities.
- Perform third party reviews.
- Provide information security updates which may be of relevance to the organisation.
- Regular review meetings.
- Breach management – providing advice and guidance on appropriate handling of breaches/cyber security incidents.
- Provide guidance and support in to technical controls to implement and protect information assets.
- Ad-hoc advice and guidance in any area of information security or data protection.